We are looking for people to join our befriending and mentoring projects, and through them to help make a difference to the lives of others whilst gaining great experience and personal fulfilment at the same time. To find out more about the schemes we run check out our ‘About Us’ page. There are currently two ways to work for the scheme, 1 is as a volunteer buddy, the other is to join us as a paid Personal Assistant (PA). Everyone joining us has to go through the application process and agree to undertake appropriate training. If the work involves direct and unsupervised contact with children or vulnerable adults, this includes being in possession of a satisfactory criminal record disclosure. Befriending and Mentoring is a great opportunity to meet new people, gain skills and to support people in a really rewarding role. We are currently looking for Buddies to work with children and young people across the whole of North Hampshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Swindon, and Gloucester (please contact us if you area is not listed). While most opportunities are suitable for volunteers willing to offer a few hours each week as a buddy, we also have openings for Personal Assistants to join us and train if a higher level of assistance is required. ‘What do I need to do to become a buddy?’
- As a first step you should complete and return the Registration Form
- We aim to provide continuity for those requesting a Buddy. It can take some weeks to for all recruitment checks to be carried out and for a suitable match-up to be identified , so applicants need to be able to commit to the project for at least six months.
- Anyone interested in taking part in the project must be willing to undergo criminal records checks as a preliminary to being accepted on to the scheme.
- Induction training will be provided prior to the start of buddying activity. Buddies will then may have the opportunity to access further relevant training sessions while taking part in the scheme.
- Once an appropriate match is found, GO! (Great Opportunities) Together will facilitate a meeting between you and the family requesting a buddy so that you can find out more about each other before starting 1-1 sessions
For further information contact GO! Tel: 01256 636 288 or 0118 907 6145